Port Rowan MB Church is seeking an energetic and passionate man to fill a full-time Youth Pastoral position that responds to the social and spiritual needs of the youth, grades 7-12.
The candidate we seek is a devoted follower of Christ who has a deep desire and love for students that has interest in walking alongside and mentoring in personal and spiritual needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading weekly Bible studies and social events intended to create unity and lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ in our challenging world today. Previous experience with youth is essential. The candidate must demonstrate a relational and active spirit. He will be providing leadership to students and youth leaders, and will be a participating member of the pastoral team.
Phone: (519) 586-2835
465 1st Concession Road
Port Rowan, Ontario, N0E 1M0
Youth Pastor Job Description
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, missions, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
The youth pastor must have a love for God, a love for teenagers, and a passionate heart to see them grow in their relationship with Christ. In addition, the following are required
- Commitment to PRMB’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry including delegating responsibility to team members
- Strong teacher with a love for God’s word
- Relational style of leadership and ministry
- Joyful spirit and good sense of humour
- Self-starter and able to work without direct supervision
- Experience in leading youth
The youth pastor must have the ability and willingness to:
- Recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteer leaders
- Communicate well with parents and come alongside families, especially in times of crisis
- Communicate well with church leaders and members
- Relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture
- Be accountable to and work in close liaison with Lead Pastor for input, direction, encouragement, and mentorship
- Pastoral care of young people: develop and build positive, supportive relationships with young people (and where needed, their families)
- Develop and maintain a Youth Leadership Team—encouraging, training, resourcing, support, and oversight
- Lead weekly Bible studies allowing students to know Jesus and to make Him known through facilitating a range of activities including: worship, teaching, ministry, prayer, small groups etc.
- Facilitate the development of leadership and ministry of gifts of students
- Facilitate and maintain an online presence on social media sites for young people via Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc.
- Plan and run special events and Christian experiences for students eg. Camp retreats, outreaches, mission trips
- Develop relationships and networks in the community (eg. other youth groups, local schools)
- Oversee the expenditures of the budget allocated for youth ministries and fundraising efforts
Those interested should submit a resume and cover letter to Kim Musselman, Chair of the Youth Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 19, 2018. For more information, e-mail or call Kim at 519-403-6074